Review - Take My Throne (Boys of King Academy #3) by Louise Rose

by - September 14, 2020


Release Date: September 10th, 2020
Genre: Contemporary, Adult, Reverse Harem


Synopsis:

King Academy has fallen with its elite and I’m going to save them.

All towns have sins, most hide them well, but King Town?
The sins rule here.
And they each have a name.
Archer Knight, Romeo Navarre, and Declan Dauphin rule this little town. And I am theirs.
Together, we have come up with a plan to make sure our throne never ends.

My father has no idea what is coming next.

Some say our story started with a fairytale but it will end in blood and crowns.

Recommend for 18+ readers due to content. This is a full-length book and the first of five books in this series and a reverse harem romance which means the main characters has more than one love interest.



I am a big fan of G. Bailey and all her Romance stories. When I got offer the opportunity to read the Boys of King Academy series, I took it without thinking it twice.

After a great ordeal for Ivy in book 1 and 2, we are now in the series finale where she ends up married against her will to Lucas to avoid her father killing her best friend. I was really happy to see that her relationship with Archer, Romy and Declan solidifies in this book and their interactions become super sweet and everything we crave in the end.

However, while Ivy was determined throughout the whole series to kill her father and get rid of the tyranny in Kings Town, how it all ends up happening seems a bit flat and anticlimatic. I was expecting more from Ivy getting her inner badass and get revenge for everything her father had done. 

I really liked the group that's formed and the important message Bailey sent to her readers about women empowering each other and to stop tearing each other apart to achieve our own agenda. It would have been really nice to see a bit more into the future and see how these got implemented with the different houses moving forwards. 

I think for me, I was expecting a mind-blowing finale for Ivy's story and I would classify the one I got as a bit flat. However, I enjoyed the story and I am glad I read them. Most importantly, I can't wait to read Millie's story in Be my Traitor.

I received this e-ARC from PeachyKeen in order to provide an honest review.






You May Also Like

0 comments