Review - Three Divisions (Crescentwood #1) by R.A. Smyth

by - March 30, 2021

 


Three Divisions (Crescentwood #1)

Release Date: February 2021
Genre: Contemporary, Dark, Polyamorous, Reverse Harem, Young Adult, High School

Synopsis:

Mum is dead.
The father I never knew has claimed me, and I’ve been uprooted from my world and thrown into a life of privilege.
I’m not welcome here.
Two boys are leading the school to drive me out, and I’m being followed constantly by two more.

Things are much darker here than I thought; Crescentwood is full of dangerous criminals and dirty politicians.
I’m a pawn in a game I don’t know how to play, but I’m stronger than they know.

Trust no one. Corruption rules this town.

***This book is a reverse harem, meaning the FMC will have three or more love interests.
The book also has trigger warnings for emotional/physical bullying and abuse, violent scenes, reference to suicide and mature content/swearing, so please do not read if you are easily offended or have the mentioned triggers
This book is intended for 18+



I started this book not knowing what I was diving into. The amazing people at Affinity Author Services sent a a digital copy of the book in exchange of my honest review and I did not just read it, I INHALED IT. I read THREE DIVISIONS in one sitting and then immediately after started book 2 (otherwise, I would have fainted) and now I am eagerly waiting for book 3. April can't come soon enough.

Let's back up a bit. So the story starts with the POV from a guy who is clear is the "bad guy here" trying to expand his less than legal business to higher levels (not going to lie I thought he was going to be one of the characters we needed to root for and I was already judging). But then, the story starts with Sophie. A strong MC where life has moulded her to be resilient and always fall on her 2 feet. Something happens to her where she ends up being shipped to the US to live with her father, who she has never heard of before.

However, the new expected improvement in life, soon becomes clear that it's not that. Her father is clearly dangerous and she stepped into a school where the 2 guys from the wealthiest families (also the hottest) hate her just by association to her father, and into a world where she is being monitored, followed around and forced to make friends.

Can I just say that Ty and Aiden are my favourite characters? There I said it.

This story, well the series in general, is dark and twisted. Everything you expect in a story where gangs are involved and the wealthy can do anything they want. R.A. Smyth did a great job balancing the plot with mystery and building the relationships between all the characters, as well as leading to the plot twists and discoveries we unravel at the end of the book.

Highly recommend this RH romance suspense if you enjoy bully romance, a bit of suspense and some dark scenes from time to time. I am definitely staying here and waiting for book 3.

You May Also Like

0 comments