Review - Hate You Forever by Denver Rose

by - January 27, 2022

 


Hate You Forever

Release Date: January 31st 2022

Synopsis:

I, Tara Mangal, take thee, Marnix Taylor, to have and to hold from this day forward.
For better, for worse, for richer, poorer, in sickness, and in health.
To love and to cherish, till death do us part.

Or at least that’s the story we’re spinning to the world...

My new husband is an infuriating, stubborn man with no remorse, no sense of humor, and no idea of what love or marriage is supposed to be about.

Good thing I didn’t pick him because I actually wanted to marry him.

The only reason I agreed to his ridiculous terms was to escape being married off to another man. A man my parents had chosen, not knowing he was dead set on destroying me.

I barely escaped a life with the monster of a man from my past, only to have three new ones dropped into my lap.

Marnix Taylor, my savage husband who can take anyone down with one look.
Cohutta Reilly, the sweet, playful jokester who also happens to be my husband's best friend.
And Rushton Bergman, the quiet, brooding bodyguard, determined to protect me at all costs.

The three of them may think they can control me, but they will soon learn that Tara Mangal can’t be tamed. Not even by the three hottest men in Craibridge.


Hate You Forever is book one in the Hate Series. It is a reverse harem novel with themes like marriage of convenience, enemies-to-lovers, and bodyguard romance. This series takes place in the same fictional city of Craibridge as Love in Sight and Love Triggered, and will contain some character cross over, but is a standalone series. You don't have to read the others to read this series!

TW: Book contains material only appropriate for 18+. May contain situations or talk concerning abuse, r@pe, drugs, violence.



HATE YOU FOREVER is the first book I read by Denver Rose, but after finishing and leaving me on that major cliffhanger, I am definitely reading more of her books.

Our story starts with Tara and her family restaurant on the brink of being taken away from her. She has been working hard to make her family proud, and being independent, but the restaurant is struggling. 
Marnix, one of our boys we will swoon over and want to slap from time to time, is a rich lawyer from the other side of town. He overhears a conversation Tara is having on the phone with her parents while eating at her restaurant that will trigger the events in the story.
After meeting Tara, the attraction is undeniable even though Tara is not falling head over heels for him as women normally do. That's also when he learns that in order to inherit the company his father left him, he needs to be married within 3 years and it has to be for at least 1 year before the company is legally his. Otherwise the company goes to his father's partner (who we hate, cause he is a horrible person).
That's when Marnix or Nix, decides to marry Tara and when Tara meets Rush and Reilly. One becomes her bodyguard and confidant, the other turns out to be a lover Tara had prior meeting Nix.

The chemistry, the sexual tension, banter and arguments between the characters is everything you need in a love-hate reverse harem story. I am not going to lie and say I did not find myself not wanting to shake Nix until he stopped being an idiot, but the story process was beautiful.

I didn't know how strong of a MC Tara is until we went deeper into the story. The more you read and you discover, the more you admire her and want to slap Marnix (maybe gently) for not seeing the right signs.

To add a little spice into the mix, we also get to read from different POVs. Which definitely helps to build the characters in your mind and why the do what they do. I personally find this aspect really important when we are reading a love-hate relationship. 

As always, when things are looking like they might have a happy ending, a cliffhanger is thrown into the mix, the bad guy pops out with an "aha" and we are left devastated because why would you not protect and stop the hate towards our MC? But hey, hell breaks loose and I CANNOT WAIT to see what will happen next. I hope Nix gets put in his place for being an idiot with trust issues and the bad guy gets what he deserves. I hope book 2 is Tara raising from the ashes and serving some well deserved justice.

If you love love-hate relationships, I highly recommend this book. It has the extra added hotness that it's a reverse harem. The book does contain some dark themes, so please check the trigger warnings before starting it.

Trigger warnings: This book contains abuse, rape, drugs and violence. If these topics are not appropriate for you, I would recommend to check other titles. 




You May Also Like

0 comments